Saturday, December 6, 2014

Frosted with Holo

Today I have swatch of a polish by Painted Polish to share with you all and a mani that I did using that polish and another polish by Candied Apple Polish from the "Candy Drop gets a Snow Day" Duo. Sheesh! I don't think I've used the word "polish" in a sentence that many times before. Holy crap! That was a mouthful, haha!


Swatch of "Drunk on Holo" by Painted Polish




Macro shot of "Drunk on Holo"


"Drunk on Holo" is a clear based silver holographic microglitter polish. This is one of the twelve polishes from Lexi's (Creator of Painted Polish) "Under the Holo Influence" Collection. Shown above is two coats without a top coat. This polish is TO DIE FOR! I could take pictures/videos of this baby ALL DAY! The formula is wonderful and applying it is smooth and easy. The next time I wear this I am going to try the "sponge application" technique. I've seen a lot of people do it but haven't tried it out myself yet! I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes and which application technique I like better once I do.


Mani time!


Macro shot of my middle fingernail


Macro shot of my pointer fingernail


Yes... yes... YESSSSSSS! Oh my goodness, I am absolutely IN LOVE! The polishes I used to create this mani are "Drunk on Holo" by Painted Polish and "Frosted Windowpanes" by Candied Apple Polish. If you'd like to see my swatch/review on "Frosted Windowpanes" by Candied Apple Polish, check out my blog post "Candy Drop gets a Snow Day!" by clicking here. I used the loose glitter that I received from Drip Drop Nail Paint in my "Candy Drop gets a Snow Day" Duo for my glitter placement and I used single chevron nail stencils by Nails Redesigned to create the look on my middle and ring fingernails. I free handed the half moons that are slightly covered up by the loose glitter placement. If you would like to purchase/check out more polishes by Alison (Creator of Candied Apple Polish) and Lexi, you can do so by clicking here and here. If you would like to purchase/check out more nail stencils by Sara (Creator of Nails Redesigned) you can do so by clicking here.

1 comment: