Thursday, July 24, 2014

Polka Dots and Bows

You can't go wrong with them! Tonight on the blog I have a mani for you all from a mani swap that I did today with my friend Jessica @b_jessica_3. Below is a collage of our mani swap.

Originals: left - Recreations: right
Great minds think alike! Both of us chose a polka dot and bow mani that the other had done without even knowing it. We didn't tell each other what mani we were going to do until we had both already finished. Talk about a coincidence!



Here is the base for my mani. The red polish I used is "Raspberry Daiquiri" by Drip Drop Nail Paint @dripdropnailpaint created by Jessica @b_jessica_3. Shown is two coats without a top coat. This red polish is amazing - my all time favorite hands down! The formula is to die for, the application is flawless, and clean up for this baby is easy squeezy! I tend to steer clear of most red polish because clean up can be so difficult but that is definitely not the case for this one. If you all are looking for a go to red polish - look no further! This polish along with all the rest of Jessica's polishes can be purchased here.



The black and white polishes I used are "Liquid Leather" and "White on White" by China Glaze. Shown is two coats of both polishes without top coats. "White on White" is my favorite white polish to use. The formula is amazing and you only really need one coat for it to be fully opaque. I tend to always use two coats even if a polish is a "one coater" though. Not sure why, that is just how I do it. "Liquid Leather" on the other hand is a good black polish, but the formula definitely isn't as amazing as "White on White" is. It's a little bit too thick for my taste but it's still a good black polish, all in all.



And here it is, the finished mani! I am completely in love with how this turned out. You sure do have amazing taste Jessica! This design is perfection. I got the polka dot bow (Product ID# 10441) from Born Pretty. If you would like to purchase this bow or check out more of their products click here. You can use my code DYJ61 for 10% off your purchase (already on sale items excluded.)

2 comments: