Sunday, October 19, 2014

I'm back!

And I'm coming at you in full, holographic goodness, force! Today I have a Bestie Twin Nail Mani that I did with my wonderful friend, Alison @candiedapplepolish, to share with you all. Below is a collage of our manis.


Aren't they gorgeous?! I am absolutely obsessed with the design that Alison came up with. Her mani is on top and mine is on the bottom. Now that my nails are shorter and I have a new shape, you are actually able to tell the difference between our nails. They were almost identical before!



Now it's time for my base! Alison and I both used the exact same polishes to create this mani. The polishes we used are "Berried Treasure" by Drip Drop Nail Paint and "Goldie Faun" by Ooh La Lacquer. Shown above is two coats of both polishes without top coat. If you would like to see my swatches and reviews on these polishes, you can do so by clicking here and here. You can also see an absolutely gorgeous video swatch of these two beautiful holographic polishes in action by clicking here.



Solo shot! I used a dotting tool to create the polka dots and for my accent nail I attempted to do the drag marble technique. I definitely need more practice! The striping brush I used was too thick and I am pretty sure that's where I went wrong. But its okay. Practice makes perfect and as long as you learn from your mistakes, you will be good to go! Unfortunately "Berried Treasure" was a limited edition polish and can no longer be purchased. But if you would like to check out Jessica's (Creator of Drip Drop Nail Paint) store to see all the other amazing polishes she has, you can do so by clicking here. If you would like to purchase "Goldie Faun" or check out more polishes by the absolutely wonderful Nastassia (Creator of Ooh La Lacquer), you can do so by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment