Friday, July 25, 2014

Drip Drop Galore

Tonight on the blog I have a hololicious gradient mani to share with you all! My first gradient mani that I am a 100% happy with. Gradients can be REALLY tricky. Once I practice more and get my new camera, I will make sure to do a tutorial on how I do it. Now, I am going to show off the gorgeous base colors that I used to create this mani.


The polishes I used for this base are "Synapse" and "Pink Ferrari" by Drip Drop Nail Paint @dripdropnailpaint. Shown is two coats of both polishes without top coats. "Synapse" is holographic polish that can either be used on its own or as a topper. This polish is absolutely STUNNING. It is definitely one of my all time favorite polishes that Jessica @b_jessica_3 has made. Pictures cannot even begin to do it justice, but the camera sure does try. "Pink Ferrari" is a very light pink polish and is extremely hard to capture in pictures. For some reason, it always ends up looking more white than light pink. But I promise you in real life it is light pink. Both polishes, like all Drip Drop Nail Paint polishes, have amazing formulas and apply like a dream! 



Shown above is a little sneaky peak of my gradient and also bottle shots of the three polishes that I used. The polishes I used to create the gradient are Prototype "#178", "#177", and of course "Pink Ferrari." Isn't this color combination absolutely PERFECT! Wait till you see a close up, you are going to die! Jessica @b_jessica_3 offers Prototype Grab Bags every so often in her shop. These grab bags include 3 full size bottles of polish for only $12 plus shipping and I promise you the polishes are ALWAYS amazing. If you would like to find out when she will be offering these grab bags, or want to find out about special offers/new polishes coming out, follow both of her accounts on instagram by clicking here and here. If you would like to check out her store and see what polishes she currently has available, click here. She also has a discount going on right now! Use the code SUGAR20 for 20% off your order.



Finally, here is the finished mani. The close up you've been waiting for! This is smoothest transition I have ever gotten while doing a gradient. The trick is making sure your sponge is slightly damp while doing it. Here you can see a closer look of "Synapse" by itself and as a topper. I used a very thin coat over top of my gradient to create this look. - and I mean thin! I usually tend to be a "thick coat" kind of girl when it comes to applying polish. That doesn't work in this case though when you only want to add a little bit of holo with "Synapse" over a design. So make sure if you use "Synapse" as a topper, you use a thin coat. 


And of course, you cannot have a hololicious mani without having a holotastic direct sunlight shot of said mani. It would be blasphemous not to show off that amazing rainbow dancing on your fingers. On that note, it is time for me to get going. I have to be at the airport in a little over two hours to go pick up the love of my life, Chris. Hope you all have a wonderful night! I know I will. 

2 comments: