Monday, July 28, 2014

Then and Now

A few weeks ago, the lovely Alicia @thebasecoat asked if I would do a guest post on her account while she was on vacation. At first, I was going to do a vacation themed mani but then I remembered a mani that I had done long, long ago. 28 weeks ago to be exact. It was a mani that Alicia had inspired me to do in the first place. So that's what I decided to do - a recreation, a then and now.


Here is the base. The polish I used is "Stevie" by Zoya. Shown above is two coats without a top coat. This is one of my FAVORITE purple polishes and it's also my favorite PixieDust polish by Zoya so far. I have to get them all to make a for sure decision - so once I do that, I'll make sure to update you all. This polish is absolutely stunning! Even more so in real life. I do not own many textured polishes but I can tell you that PixieDust textured polishes by Zoya are definitely my favorite. The formula is amazing, application is smooth, and it is just, all in all, a really great polish.



Now it's time for my "Then and Now" collage. Top left: Then - Bottom right: Now. I have come such a long way in 28 weeks. My nails are healthier, longer, and the strongest they have EVER been. Design/Application/Clean up wise I have made so much improvement, it's not even funny. My pictures and lighting have gotten a lot better too. Now all the polishes I use look way more color accurate. Just look at my instagram(click here) and check out the earliest posts. You will be shocked!



And now it's time for my close up! The polishes I used to create this mani are "Stevie", "Carter", and "Malia" by Zoya. I free handed the ruffian look and boy did it turn out a whole hell of a lot better than the first time I tried to create this look. I am so happy I decided to recreate this mani and I am in love with the way it turned out! If you would like to purchase any of these polishes or check out more products by Zoya - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment