Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bestie Twin Nails: Chevrons, blobs, and half moons - oh my!

This afternoon I have a Bestie Twin Nail mani to share with you that I did with my lovely friend Alison @candiedapplepolish. Below is a collage of our manis.


Alison's mani is on top and mine is on the bottom. If our watermarks weren't there, you would not be able to tell whose was whose! We never noticed this until now, but our nails (shape/size wise) are almost identical! Talk about a coincidence.



Before I get into the details of my mani, I would like to share with you a close up and details on Alison's. The polishes she used are "Mayhem" by Bliss Polish @blisspolish, "Raspberry Champagne" and "You've Got to be Orchid-ing Me" by Squishy Face Polish @squishynpolished. She got the mini chevron nail vinyls from Linda @teismom and the rhinestones from Charmingly Simple Nail Art @charminglysimplenailart. Alison does amazing nail art and also has her own line of indie polish, Candied Apple Polish, and let me tell you her polishes are AMAZING! If you'd like to check out her nail account, click here. If you'd like to check out her online store to see all her gorgeous polish creations, click here.


Now it's time for some swatches of the polishes I used to create my mani. First up, is "Orchid Bloom" by Bliss Polish @blisspolish. Shown above is two coats without a top coat. This bright purple polish with gold flakes throughout and a matte finish is absolutely amazing! I am in LOVE! Application was smooth and the formula was wonderful. Two thumbs up for this beauty.



Next up, is "Radiant" by Bliss Polish @blisspolish. Shown above is two coats without a top coat. This gorgeous purple holographic polish is a stunner. Just look at all the holo goodness! It is jam packed in this baby. Again, application was smooth and the formula was perfection. I am obsessed!



Now it's time for my base. The polishes I used are "Mayhem" and "Orchid Bloom" by Bliss Polish @blisspolish. If you'd like to see a swatch of "Mayhem", check out my blog post "Polish is Bliss" that I wrote sometime last week. This color combination is beautiful. I will most definitely be using these together again soon.



And finally, here is my finished mani up close and personal. I am in love with this design and how it came out. The polishes I used (for all you skippers out there) are "Orchid Bloom", "Radiant", and "Mayhem" by Bliss Polish @blisspolish. If you'd like to purchase any of these polishes or check out more polishes by Bliss Polish, click here. I used tiny chevron nail stencils by Sara @nails_redesigned to create the look on my pointer and pinky fingers. If you'd like to purchase these nail stencils or check out more of Sara's nail stencil designs, click here. Last but not least, I got the rhinestones (Product ID# 12409) from Born Pretty. If you'd like to purchase these rhinestones or check out more products by Born Pretty, click here. You can use my code DYJ61 for 10% off your order (already on sale items excluded.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment